[SOLVED] J-Link EDU and TIVA micro

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link EDU and TIVA micro

Hello,

I would like to program microcontroler TIVA TM4C1231E6PM7 using J-Link EDU and software J-Flash Lite.
    I powered micro using external power supply 3V.

I received error like below:

JTAG-Interface@1000kHz
    Programming Thread started.
    Device "TM4C1231E6PM" selected.
    Could not measure total IR len. TDO is constant high.
    Programming Thread exited
    Initialization of debug session failed.
    Could not connect to target

How can I solve this problem?

Best Regards
  • Hello Michales,

which version of the J-Link Software package are you using? The current version can be found here: segger.com/jlink-software.html
    Could you please open J-Link Commander(JLink.exe in the J-Link software install dir) with J-Link connected to the target and post a screenshot of the result?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

The output of J-Link Commander says:
    VTarget = 2.9V

Is this expected for your target?
    Most targets work with 1.8V or 3.3V so ~3V sounds a bit odd.
    If the target is not supplied with power correctly, operation may become unstable in some cases.

If 3V is expected:
    It seems some software is running on the device that enters some low power modes etc. that inhibit debugger connection.
    The LM3Sxxx devices provide an unlock method (causes a mass erase) for such cases.
    The same unlock method probably also works for the TM4C (not tested yet but has a chance):
    J-Link>unlock LM3Sxxx

Could you please give this a try?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.