jlink commander - automate unlock command

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jlink commander - automate unlock command

Hi,

I would like to automate the unlocking of my devices using jlink commander, I want to avoid any user interaction.

In order to achieve that I have a jlink command file which contains the commands needed to unlock my device:
    my-command-file.jlink

C Source Code

1. r0
    2. unlock LM3Sxxx
    3. r1
    4. q

Then I have a .bat file where JLink.exe is called with the following options:
    my-bat-file.bat

C Source Code

1. JLink.exe -device LM3S9D90 -SelectEmuBySN <S/N> -If JTAG -Speed 100 -CommanderScript <path-to-my-command-file.jlink>

The problem I have in the full automation, is that the "unlock " command is waiting for a user interaction...
    Indeed it waits for the user to press enter:
    "Press enter to start unlock sequence..."

Thanks in advance for your help.

The post was edited 3 times, last by jpatlv ().

• Hi,

Basically, J-Link Commander has been designed as simple "diagnostic" utility that can be used for verifying proper functionality of J-Link as well as for simple analysis of the target system but not as utility for automation. Therefore, this is currently not supported. We will extend the "unlock LM3Sxxx" command so that you can pass an optional command "auto" right behind it. This would allow to skip the user interaction. The new version which includes this will be available by the end of this week or at the beginning of next week.

Syntax: unlock LM3Sxxx [<Auto>]
    Example: unlock LM3Sxxx 1 for automation

Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list,
    so you get informed automatically when the new version becomes available?
    In case you want to subscribe to it yourself: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • We have just release V5.03a in which this has been added.
    Command:
    unlock LM3Sxxx 1

Short feedback would be appreciated.

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.