[SOLVED] Cannot debug m0sub or m0app core on LPC4370 device

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Cannot debug m0sub or m0app core on LPC4370 device

Hi there,

i recently bought a jlink plus. I am currently working on a project which involves an LPC4370. For development i use the current eclipse 4.5 Mars with the GNU ARM eclipse plugins. I also use the gnu toolchain provided by launchpad.
    My board uses a QSPIO flash which runs a small operating system on the m0app core. I am able to flash the the memory on my board using J-Flash but i'm not able to connect to the m0app core with J-Link GDB-Server for debugging. Error: Connection failed
    The J-Link detects all three cores in the JTAG chain but i can only connect to the M4 core.
    I also tested with an LPC4330 on the Xplorer board and everything works fine. Debugging the m0 and the m4 core is no problem also from eclipse.

Is there already a possibility to debug both m0 cores on the LPC4370 ?
    It seems to me that someone missed the fact that the LPC4370 has actually three cores. So in the supported device list there should be something like: LPC4370_M4, LPC4370_M0app, LPC4370_M0sub.

Thanks for all help in advance :)

Best regards
  • Hi,

Is there already a possibility to debug both m0 cores on the LPC4370 ?
    Yes. This can be done using a J-Link script files. Please find attached an example which can be used as reference. Please note, that debugging both cores in parallel, you have to open one separate connection for each core.

Native support, so that no script file is used (steps executed in the script file will be automatically performed by the J-Link DLL when the correct device is selected), is already on our ToDo list but right now without any fixed time schedule.

Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when new versions become available?
    In case you want to subscribe to it yourself: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

For further information regarding J-Link script files, please refer to chapter "5.10 J-Link script files" in the J-Link user manual (UM08001).

- Erik
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.