Does emWin support video capture on the Renesas RZ/A1?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does emWin support video capture on the Renesas RZ/A1?

We are evaluating the Segger software products for a new board design using a Renesas RZ/A1. One feature we require is video capture (specifically, picture-in-picture switchable between multiple cameras).

I have not yet seen reference to this feature in the emWin documentation or example. Can someone help me find out if the existing code supports this feature?

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Since emWin is designed as generic as possible, hardware abstraction needs to be added by the user. In this case I would recommend using a Memory Device for storing the video data. Please note that, depending on the format of the source data, converting the colors might be required before storing them in a Memory Device.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hello,

emWin does not support it directly, but it comes with the functionality to display pixel data. The reason for emWin not to include a dedicated driver for that purpose is that this is just as easy to implement as using a Memory Device.

In order to do so, please create a Memory Device and use the data pointer (GUI_MEMDEV_GetDataPtr()) to write the video data to the Memory Device (which is used as a video buffer here). The Memory Device just needs to be displayed regularly using GUI_MEMDEV_CopyToLCD() or GUI_MEMDEV_Write...().

Best regards,
    Adrian