Transparent property lost using Memdev

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transparent property lost using Memdev

Hi all,
    my doubt is using of GUI_MEMDEV_Select(..) in which I painted a PNG and after that I copy it on a window using GUI_MEMDEV_WriteAt(..) inside PAINT callback event of window manager.

MemDev has been created using GUI_MEMDEV_CreateEx with GUI_MEMDEV_HASTRANS property.

If I use same PNG function directly on display, the rounded border of my PNG respect the transparency property present on PNG so I can see background on these pixels, If I use MEMDEV function as described above that pixels are always black.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stefano
  • Sorry,
    I noticed few minutes ago that another post has been already opened with same argument.

Anyway I try with another creation function of MemDev: GUI_MEMDEV_CreateFixed32 it is quite better, I mean it shows transparency but for some PNG some pixel is "dirty".

Strange that with:
    GUI_MEMDEV_CreateFixed32 it works,
    with:
    GUI_MEMDEV_CreateFixed(..., GUI_MEMDEV_HASTRANS, GUI_MEMDEV_APILIST_32, GUICC_8888); it doesn't work.
    Should be the same, right?

I proceed my investigation.

Thanks.
    Stefano
  • Hello Stefano,

I assume you use automatic Memory Devices. Please note the return value of the function GUI_MEMDEV_Select(). I would recommend you to reselect the previously selected device in order to write all of the results into it.

Best regards,
    Adrian