JLink not working well with STM32F429ZI and STM32F407VG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLink not working well with STM32F429ZI and STM32F407VG

Hello there,

I am having a lot of trouble with getting JLink to debug my STM32F429ZI and STM32F407VG. However, I managed to pinpoint the problem with STM32F407VG. It is the auto speed. Can you slow down from 2MHz to 100KHz or something like that? The problem is that at such high speed, it fails to correctly write the program into the Flash. I know it is weird. ST-Link seems to be able to program even at 1MHz. I can manually change the speed through GDB console, but it is very irritating when I debug under CoIDE as I don't have a way to change the script used by it. When debug is started, the IDE configures the speed using "monitor speed auto" then load the program. Then I have to get to the GDB console to redo it after the speed change.

For STM32F429ZI, my JLink seems to retrieve wrong hardware info. This also seems to happen to STM32F407VG at times.

The following is some info that might need:
    SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.00k ('?' for help)
    Compiled Jul 31 2015 15:49:17
    DLL version V5.00k, compiled Jul 31 2015 15:48:52
    Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Nov 28 2014 13:44:46
    Hardware: V8.00

The post was edited 1 time, last by kaosad ().

• Not sure why no one from SEGGER reply to my post.

I have a new question, which perhaps can solve my problem. Can someone tell me if JLink-GDBServer is able to read from some INI file (or something like that) which allows me to force it to use 100KHz whenever monitor speed auto is issued from GDB client?

Thanks in advance.
  • We are sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

The speed can be adjusted by adding a remote command to the GDB script in the project configuration of the CoIDE:
    Configuration --> Debugger --> Edit scripts
    Changing speed to 100KHz: monitor speed 100

Is this suitable for you?

- Roman
    Images
    • CoIDE_ConfiguringSpeed.JPG

103.78 kB, 1,586×557, viewed 563 times