event objects behavior

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• event objects behavior

Hello

I experienced the following behavior of event objects in embOS V4.04a.1:
    I have an event object controlling a task's behavior. In the task's main flow I was waiting for the object with the OS_EVENT_Wait() function while in an ISR the OS_EVENT_Pulse function was called. Everything worked fine with this setup. For safety reasons I added a timeout to the task's waiting behavior calling OS_EVENT_WaitTimed() instead of OS_EVENT_Wait(). With this change, I ended up in the timeout, even though the pulse function was called as it was before and clearly within the timeout.

Changing the ISR function call from OS_EVENT_Pulse() to a OS_EVENT_Set() brings back the wanted functionality. My question: is it known and wanted, that OS_EVENT_Wait() and OS_EVENT_WaitTimed don't behave the same to the OS_EVENT_Pulse() call?

I am running in the default mode (OS_EVENT_RESET_MODE_SEMIAUTO).

Thanks and best regards,
    Severin
  • Hi Severin,

I just checked it but I was not able to reproduce your issue.
    Everything works as expected.
    Anyway I would suggest to use OS_EVENT_RESET_MODE_AUTO or OS_EVENT_RESET_MODE_MANUAL instead of OS_EVENT_RESET_MODE_SEMIAUTO which is still there to be comatible with older embOS versions.

If you still having problems please feel free to send us more details or even a simple project which shows the probelm.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.