[Closed] J-Link broken after firmware update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Closed] J-Link broken after firmware update

Hi,

I have J-Link Ultra+ v4.3, bought at Farnell/element14. During debugging the firmware update window appears and I confirmed update. When window disappeared, debugger stopped working and the middle LED started flashed with three short blinks and long period. When I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable to another USB port (because I thought that may be USB or drivers problem), the computed didn't see USB device and the LED blinked red again. After about 2 minutes of blinking, LED turned red. Few seconds later it turned green but still was no visible on the USB devices list in Device Manager. Also, the J-Link Commander/Configurer didn't see the debugger (when the LED was blinking red) or hanged on "Retrieving information for 1. emulator on USB" (when the LED turned green). When LED was green and I disconnected USB cable the Commander printed out warning "Out of sync , resynchronizing...". I also noticed (after I opened top cover to see is there any physical damage) that FPGA is quite hot.
  • Hallo Amlaskowski,

can you describe the blink code you see if you connect the J-Link to a computer now?
    When I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable to another USB port
    (because I thought that may be USB or drivers problem), the computed
    didn't see USB device and the LED blinked red again.
    Important to know would be the "rythm" of the blinking, e.g. 5x short, 1x long.
    On first impression, it indeed seems to be an error of the FPGA.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Amlaskowski,

this error code indicates that sth. went wrong with the FPGA.
    I will sent you a Personal Message regarding the RMA process.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.