Change Magnification factor for a character in font

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change Magnification factor for a character in font

Hi,
    I have a problem in displaying a text in TEXT widget. I want to display "Multiport" then add the Registered Trade mark R and then "System"
    if i display the whole string in one font then the registered trademark "R" is very big and i wanted only the Registered trademark symbol in smaller font than the font used for Multiport and system. Is it possible?

I tried to do it by generating 72 calibri font and generated 60 calibri font. copied the Registered Trademark R data from the Calibri 60 font file and paste it in the calibri 72 file. But it did not work out great. Can the maginification factor be set for a particular character in font file

Thanks

Anuj
  • Hello Anuj,

Unfortunately, the TEXT widget has only 1 font for drawing the whole text (string).
    In order to display text using different fonts, please try using separate TEXT widgets.
    In the future we will implement a rich text widget for this purpose.

I don't think the registered sign is very big (calibri light 72):
    See the attached bitmap: calibri light 72.png

Best regards,
    Thorsten
    Images
    • calibri light 72.png

5.32 kB, 450×73, viewed 475 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by SEGGER - Thorsten ().

• Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your valuable time.
    The problem this is a requirement by our client. He has asked to reduce the font for only the Registered Trademark.
    I tried putting the registered trademark calibri font 60 data in place of calibri font 72 data but it does not display nicely
    Please see the attached image.

Can i copy only the registered trademark data in font calibri 60 to Calibri 72 font. if yes then what changes and where these changes need to be done in calibri 72 font file.

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Tanksali
  • Hello Anuj,

Unfortunately, the Font Converter has no possibility to replace a character (registered trademark) for fonts with different font size.
    You could try to replace the character in the generated code.
    Like this: CalibriBold72Modify.zip

Best regards,
    Thorsten
    Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by SEGGER - Thorsten ().