J-FLASH ARM with LPC2468

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-FLASH ARM with LPC2468

Hello,

my board is LPC2468 and I'm trying to download a program to the external flash (SST39VF3201) but I can do it only on the slow mode. I was trying to use RAM addr = 40000000 64Kb but I got this error:

Programming target (4194304 bytes, 1 range) ...
    - RAM tested O.K.
    - ERROR: Programming failed @ address 0x80000000 (program error)
    - ERROR: Failed to program target

Thanks for any help!

Hagen
  • Hello Hagen,

Do I understand you correctly?:
    If you do not use the internal RAM of the
    LPC2468 programming works and if you enable "Use target RAM" in J-Flash, it will not.

I do not see a reason why this should not work correctly.

Could you please send the following information to support@segger.com?:
    - J-Link serial no.
    - Project file
    - Data file (hex / mot)
    - J-Flash Log window output

In order to generate the logfile, please do the following:
    - Set the log level of J-Flash to "All messages"
    - Reproduce the problem
    - Copy contents of the log window to a file

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Hagen,

we have analyzed this and we have come to the following result:

There is a Problem with SST flashes because the RAMCode downloaded by J-Flash ARM checks Bit 5 (Data line 5) during erase
    and program (it should get high when an error during programming/erasing occurs). For the SST flash you use, the behaviour
    of this pin during programming/erasing is not specified. So in this case we get an "1" even if no error occured. We will fix this
    in the next beta version of the J-Link software which will be released next week.

Best regards,
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Hagen,

we have built a new release version of the J-Link software (V4.00) in which this problem is fixed.
    The latest release version can be downloaded from our website: segger.com/download_jlink.html

Best regards,
    Alex