[SOLVED] TMS570LC4357 and flashing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] TMS570LC4357 and flashing

I've got a J-Link up and working great with debugging on a TMS570LC4357ZWT part. It doesn't seem that there's flashing support though? It's listed on the "supported parts" page, but as having no flash, which isn't the case - this part has 4 MB of on-board flash. Is there support coming? What's going on here?

If it's important:

Source Code

1. SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V5.00c Command Line Version
    2. JLinkARM.dll V5.00c (DLL compiled Jun 11 2015 11:44:58)

Source Code

1. SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.00c ('?' for help)
    2. Compiled Jun 11 2015 11:45:08

I've tried both 'load' in GDB as well as 'loadbin' with the Commander.

The post was edited 1 time, last by carlnorum ().

• TMS570LC4357ZWT flash programming support has been included in the J-Link DLL and in J-Flash the latest version of the J-Link software (V5.01j).

The version is available for download here: segger.com/jlink-software-beta-version.html.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks Erik. I'll try the new release as soon as possible.

jbrandmeyer - I just handrolled a flashing stub using the F021 API and the J-link semihosting support via GDB. I provided example code to Segger, hopefully that helped to move things along.
  • Thank you for the feedback. Good to hear that it is working!
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.