How to disable tracing?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to disable tracing?

Hi,

We've upgraded our IAR 4.42 to 5.2 and migrated our old projects. When debugging, the updated IAR starts a little app J-Link ARM V3.86g Control panel. The problem is that the target runs at about 1/10th the speed, even with no breakpoints, or watches, or anything.

I have been able to uncheck all the boxes on the "Log" tab (which was tracing Memory Read and Memory Writes, but the control panel app is continually refreshing the contents of the "CPU Regs" page.

Is there any way to turn this off? All I want is to be able to set a single breakpoint using "Run to cursor" and let the target run at full speed until the breakpoint is hit.

I have contacted the support staff at IAR, and they don't know how to control this feature of the J-Link app.

Thanks.
  • first you can update your J-Link driver. The latest version is 3.96d
    Just uncheck the "show try icon option" to disable the J-Link control panel (see attached image)

[img]http://www.segger2.com/file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ZOUHAI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]
    Images
    • Jlink.JPG

18.01 kB, 401×266, viewed 903 times
  • Exact the same problem Here.

using i.MX31 in a Phytec board, J-link 8 last drivers and compiling with IAR 5.

when I use J-link to load and debug from IAR the program run 1/10 of the normal speed. when I donwload the program using UBOOOT and "GO" the program run at 1/1 speed.

I have unchecked all the log options and unchecked the try icon, but no success

Some help here??
    Thanks.

Manuel.

PD, I understand, when you run the progran with Jlink and press the GO command the traget speed must be the normal speed and code must run at normal speed, not penalty for use J-link, no?