MEMDEV process time for big and small size

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MEMDEV process time for big and small size

Hi

when I execute GUI_MEMDEV_DrawAuto(), will MEMDEV create size affect EmWin process time from execute GUI_MEMDEV_DrawAuto() to really write to a display buffer?

on my imagination, I think emwin core would allocate three memory buffer the same to MEMDEV_Create size.
    First only background picture, second is background picture + motion picture (like needle), and third also background picture + next motion picture.
    every time have a new motion picture draw, first memory will compare to second to decide start dirty area.
    and then compare first and third memory to decide end of dirty area, then flash the display buffer.
    please correct me, if there is any wrong imagination.

I want to find a way to enhance the draw speed if draw area too big.
    I am trying to split a big background into few smaller picture size, and also use DrawAuto function to control each MEMDEV's dirty area.
    does anyone has any idea to enhance the MEMDEV draw speed?

BR, Titan.Chen
  • Hi Adrian

after calling GUI_MEMDEV_DrawAuto() and then EmWin callback to callback function that specify on GUI_MEMDEV_DrawAuto.
    The parameter AutoDevInfo.DrawFixed, it seems only the first time callback will set to true, am I right?

The time I want to discuss is, if create a bigger MEMDEV size, does EmWin core need more time to check where the dirty area ?
    thanks.

BR, Titan.Chen
  • The parameter AutoDevInfo.DrawFixed, it seems only the first time callback will set to true, am I right?

I am afraid I do not quite understand the question. For details about the "DrawFixed" parameter, please refer to the description of the function GUI_MEMDEV_DrawAuto() in the emWin user manual.

The required performance to measure the dirty area is not related to the size of a Memory Device. It is more related to the number and complexity of executed drawing operations.

Best regards,
    Adrian