Displaying GIF images

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Displaying GIF images

Hi,
    I am unable to display any GIF image stored on external drive using the function IMAGE_SetGIFEx(). I am able to display BMP files with IMAGE_SetBMPEx() and using same callback function. Since there is no return value I am not sure what should I check. I have read something about 16kbytes of dynamically allocated RAM for decompression. How could I check that the problem is not there? Is it always needed to allocate such large memory area even if GIF image size is just few bytes (e.g. 200 bytes)?
    Thanks,
    Roman

The post was edited 1 time, last by romanp ().

• Hello Roman,

Section 9.3.3 "Displaying bitmap files" -> "GIF file support" -> "Memory usage" states that the GIF decompression logic requires additional 16 KB of RAM.

I would recommend you to change the function GUI_X_Config() (GUIConf.c) in order to increase the memory pool which is assigned to emWin.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hello Roman,

try disabling any memory devices. In my application I can only show gif images if I disable those. With bitmaps everything works.

I can not reproduce the behavior in the simulator ?( , only on my hardware (I'm using the ST Emwin library; 64 kBytes of memory allocated).

Good luck!

Steven