LPCXpresso Free Edition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LPCXpresso Free Edition

I'm using LPCXpresso Free Edition to program some NXP microcontrollers on a custom board. Actually I'm using LPC-Link that is integrated in NPX low-cost development boards.
    I understand Free Edition lets the programming and debugging of 256KB code.

What I coudln't understand is if this restriction applies only to LPC-Link or to J-Link too. In other words, will I have the possibility to program and debug 300KB applications with LPCXpresso Free Edition and J-Link from Segger?
  • Hello giuslog,

J-Link does not force any code-size limitation, it is done in LPCXpresso.
    If LPCXpresso builds your application, but does not download it, you can download it using J-Link Commander (as described in UM8001, section 3.2.1.19 loadfile).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • If LPCXpresso builds your application, but does not download it, you can download it using J-Link Commander (as described in UM8001, section 3.2.1.19 loadfile).
    In this case, isn't debug possible with LPCXpresso Free Edition?
  • Hello giuslog,

I am not sure about that, I didn't try it.
    Nevertheless, since LPCXpresso is not our product, i cannot guarantee you anything.

What I can say is, that you can always download and debug any valid application using J-Link Commander & J-Link Debugger (segger.com/j-link-debugger.html)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.