ILI9341 display driver

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ILI9341 display driver

I'm using emWin pre-compiled libraries released by NXP with a TFT display based on ILI9341 controller. I'm using emWin ILI9341 driver and it works after some additional code.

I noticed that display driver doesn't send the commands SLEEP OUT (0x11) and DISPLAY ON (0x29) during initialization. Without those command, ILI9341 doesn't show anything on the display.
    Moreover I'm using a 16-bits parallel bus, so I need to send COLMOD (0x3A) command too.

I solved this problem by sending "manually" those commands in LCD_X_INITCONTROLLER event in LCD_X_DisplayDriver().
    Is this the correct way? Shouldn't the ILI9341 driver implemented in emWin responsible to send those commands?
  • Hello,

Please note that emWin display drivers never send any initializing commands to the controller. Therefor user is given the opportunity to initialize the display controller from within the display driver callback function (LCD_X_DisplayDriver()).

Best regards,
    Adrian