Jlink v9 Rev 1.1 firmware update to 4.98b hangs.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

We are not aware of such an behavior with J-Link V9 1.1 and the 4.98b firmware. What happens if you do not confirm the firmware update? Does the old firmware version still works fine?
    When you turn on the red light flashes.
    I do not really understand what you mean. Can you please provide some further information? How do you turn on the red led?

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Older firmware does not work. When you turn the programmer on it for a while flashing red LED Rocks (Fatal Eror). Freezes at startup. In previous versions of the same thing happens. Column current firmware writes J-Link V9 compiled Oct December 2012 BTL
  • Thank you for the screenshot. Unfortunately, the flash of the J-Link seems to be broken. As your J-Link is out of warranty period, we would recommend to make use of the SEGGER Trade in Program: segger.com/trade-in-program.html

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• This happened at the same time at 3 different people
    Can you please give us some further information here? Do you refer to people from your company or somebody else?
    So far, we have seen this behavior (flash broken) with J-Link V9.1 only in setups where the J-Link was damaged by over voltage from the target hardware. We have already improved the hardware design of later J-Link hardware versions (> 9.3) to improve the J-Link hardware in such situations.

• This people have written on the forum. The reason was updated to version 4.98b. Admin of the forum said, "I just checked on multiple instances emulators 9 version. 4.98A Up to and including updated normally. When you try to upgrade to 4.98b hangs." Jlink version 9.1

The post was edited 2 times, last by gusenkovsv ().

• Can you please send a link to the forum threads as reference?
    Is it possible to send the firmware version 4.48a without a serial number. I will set your serial number through Jlink Commander
    I do not really understand this question. The firmware itself does not come with any serial number and you can not a serial number using J-Link Commander as well as the serial number is branded when producing the J-Links

• My SN entered in my account. I have set its for new bootloader.. (Я хочу установить свой сирийный номер. Он у меня есть. Нужен только загрузчик)

The post was edited 2 times, last by gusenkovsv ().