J-Link EDU device not recognize samsung S5PV210

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link EDU device not recognize samsung S5PV210

using the latest v4.98a software, we are able to recognized the cpu type as cortex A8, but all the memory content are zero (use mem command or Jmem)? What is the problem could be ?
    Images
    • screenshot.gif

36.1 kB, 669×722, viewed 1,047 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by lyyao ().

• Hi,

Which memory areas / contents did you try to read? Can you give us some examples?
    There could be several reasons..the must common one is that the area to be read is not enabled / clocked / mapped away / etc...

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,Thank you for your reply. My goal is to read the entire data from NAND Flash chip. But the problem is J-Link EDU device not support this kind of CUP directly, Could you give me some suggestions for this problem?

SEGGER - Erik wrote:

Hi,

Which memory areas / contents did you try to read? Can you give us some examples?
    There could be several reasons..the must common one is that the area to be read is not enabled / clocked / mapped away / etc...

- Erik
    When I try to read the NAND Flash through J-Link,The error info follows:

Detect flash memory: Unsupported flash type / bus width (110800). Please contact info@segger.com
    Failed to detect flash memory
    Failed to connect
    Could not read target memory, not connected

The post was edited 3 times, last by lyyao ().

• Hi,

My goal is to read the entire data from NAND Flash chip
    This requires a so-called custom RAMCode since there is no generic way of supporting NAND flash since the user is free to connect it to an available NAND flash controller or to almost any GPIO pins on the device. On request, we offer a custom RAMCode SDK which is FOC but comes without any support. For further information regarding supported devices, please refer to chapter "8.1 Which devices can be programmed by J-Flash?" of the Flasher manual:

segger.com/admin/uploads/productDocs/UM08003_JFlash.pdf

- Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Erik wrote:

Hi,

My goal is to read the entire data from NAND Flash chip
    This requires a so-called custom RAMCode since there is no generic way of supporting NAND flash since the user is free to connect it to an available NAND flash controller or to almost any GPIO pins on the device. On request, we offer a custom RAMCode SDK which is FOC but comes without any support. For further information regarding supported devices, please refer to chapter "8.1 Which devices can be programmed by J-Flash?" of the Flasher manual:

segger.com/admin/uploads/productDocs/UM08003_JFlash.pdf

- Erik
    From your anwser I known something about my problem, you say you can offer a custom RAMCode SDK which is FOC but comes without any support. Could you tell me where can I get the custom RAMCode SDK ? I cannot find this both in this website and Google. From website I guess if this SDK integrited in J-Flash, I used J-Flash but cannot connected with CUP core, Hope your reply.

- From lyyao
  • Hi,

We do not provide the RAMCode SDK on our website / on the internet.
    Please write an e-mail to sales@segger.com with reference to this forum thread.
    The sales department will provide the RAMCode SDK to you.

- Erik

• SEGGER - Erik wrote:

Hi,

We do not provide the RAMCode SDK on our website / on the internet.
    Please write an e-mail to sales@segger.com with reference to this forum thread.
    The sales department will provide the RAMCode SDK to you.

- Erik
    I see, Thank you! In addition, I want to know if the J-Link support the CUP core, Could I read the data from NAND flash directly with J-Flash instead of use the RAMCode SDK?
  • I do not find any information about a "CUP core" on the internet but a list of all supported devices / cores can be found here: segger.com/jlink_supported_devices.html.
    Could I read the data from NAND flash directly with J-Flash instead of use the RAMCode SDK?
    No. NAND flash is not memory mapped accessible. Therefore, a separate read function is required which send the read command to the NAND and reads back the data into a buffer. This task has to be done by the custom RAMCode as well as for the erase / program functionality as the NAND flash interface (controller, used GPIOs, etc...) can differ from hardware to hardware so no generic solution can be implemented.

The custom RAMCode handles:
    Read NAND
    Write NAND
    Erase NAND

Best regards
    Erik

• SEGGER - Erik wrote:

I do not find any information about a "CUP core" on the internet but a list of all supported devices / cores can be found here: segger.com/jlink_supported_devices.html.
    Could I read the data from NAND flash directly with J-Flash instead of use the RAMCode SDK?
    No. NAND flash is not memory mapped accessible. Therefore, a separate read function is required which send the read command to the NAND and reads back the data into a buffer. This task has to be done by the custom RAMCode as well as for the erase / program functionality as the NAND flash interface (controller, used GPIOs, etc...) can differ from hardware to hardware so no generic solution can be implemented.

The custom RAMCode handles:
    Read NAND
    Write NAND
    Erase NAND

Best regards
    Erik
    When I bought the J-Link, they told me I can read the data from NAND flash with the J-Flash->Target->read back, but the warning and error below:

---------------------------
    J-Flash ARM V4.98a Warning
    Unexpected core ID. (Found: 0x07B76F0F, Expected: 0x1F0F0F0F)
    J-Flash ARM V4.98a Error
    Detect flash memory: Unsupported flash type / bus width (110800). Please contact info@segger.com
    Failed to detect flash memory
    Failed to connect
    Could not read target memory, not connected

From
    I fond it support Cortex-A8, but from
    J-Flash Options->Options settings->CPU->device, I could't find the suitable device to support samsung S5PV210, How can I do to solve this problem?
  • When I bought the J-Link, they told me I can read the data from NAND flash with the J-Flash->Target->read back
    As communicated via e-mail support, the reseller is wrong with this statement. As described in the J-Flash user guide (UM08003) chapter "8.1 Which devices can be programmed by J-Flash" and as described below a custom RAMCode is required.

- Erik