[Solved] J-link doesn't show up on Eclipse debug configuration page

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Solved] J-link doesn't show up on Eclipse debug configuration page

I installed Eclipse Luna and Segger J-link tools (v496m) in Windows 7. Eclipse has the ARM cross compiler and J-link debugging add-on packages. I set up the Windows-preferences-run/debug-string substitution links. I can run the JLinkGDBserverCL.exe and it shows the same output as in the example at this site. But when I go to the Eclipse debug configurations, J-Link is not listed in the options on the left.

What am i missing?
  • Hi,

SEGGER does not maintain the Eclipse plugins/add-ons or provide support for them.
    We are not aware of any issues,
    so the best option would be to have a look at the documentation/forums of the plugin or contact the developers.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Okay, it appears that somewhere in my attempts to get this going, I
    had clicked on the box for the GDB SEGGER J-Link debugger in Window |
    Preferences | Run/Debug | Launching | Launch Configurations.

I thought that was a box to include that debug option, but it is a
    filter to exclude that debugger, and that is apparently why it didn't
    show up in the debug configuration window.

Side-note: Eclipse has configuration options scattered EVERYWHERE in the menus, and you can override options in one menu that were set in another. Configuration options are often relegated to the attic space of applications, but even so I think this is an example of design-by-committee. Eclipse is a powerful tool, but it's certainly not how Steve Jobs would've created it :)
  • Hi,

Good to read you got it to work.
    Thread closed.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.