breakpoints with eclipse on Arm CM0 target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• breakpoints with eclipse on Arm CM0 target

Something weird is going on, probably with setup. I'm using a Nordic nRF51422-xxAC target running out of flash and I can use eclipse with the j-link gdb server for everything but breakpoints. Setting the initial breakpoint at main works (it's listed as type temporary), clicking on any other line of code show a breakpoint (of type regular)...doesn't work. I can click multiple lines and I keep getting breakpoints even though I only have 2 in hardware. Changing the break point type doesn't do anything. Setting the initial breakpoint on download to anything other than main doesn't work? Does anyone have any ideas?

Running

Eclipse Luna SR1a (4.4.1)
    J-link 4.96m (i also exhibits this issue)
    Gnu ARM c/c++ j-link debugging ver 3.1.1.201412191510

updated:Eclipse Luna SR2 (4.4.2) and Gnu ARM c/c++ j-link debugging ver 3.1.2.201502281154 doesn't fix the issue

The post was edited 3 times, last by jdattolo ().

• Hi,

We are not aware of any problems with breakpoints in Eclipse.
    Eclipse was originally not designed for embedded development, so it does not know about hardware breakpoint limitation.
    But with J-Link this should not be a problem, since it supports software Flash Breakpoints or would report to Eclipse if it could not set the breakpoint.

Could you check the GDB Server output? Does it really set the breakpoints?
    Otherwise this seems to be a problem/misconfiguration in Eclipse and somehow the wrong type of breakpoints is used.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.