GDB + Multi-thread Awareness

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GDB + Multi-thread Awareness

How can I use a Segger J-Link with GDB and view the state of multiple RTOS threads?

My setup:
    * J-Link Ultra+
    * J-Link GDBServer 4.97I
    * GNU GDB client
    * STM32F207
    * ThreadX RTOS
    * Eclipse IDE

I can connect to the MCU and debug just fine (single-step, view memory, etc). However it only shows one thread. Issuing the GDB command: 'info threads' only returns one thread as well.

I believe my GDB client is capable of receiving thread events from the RTOS (ThreadX) as I can view multiple threads using OpenOCD. How can I view multiple threads using J-Link?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by driedler ().

• Hello,

To view multiple threads and their information the debug server (GDB Server / OpenOCD) requires information about which OS is running and how it is handled.

For J-Link GDB Server, there is currently no OS Awareness available, so it is not possible to view multiple threads.
    This is on our long-term todo, but with no fixed schedule, yet.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.