Customizing emWin Library

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Customizing emWin Library

Hello,
    I would like to know if there is a way to customize emWin Library for my very specific and restricted needs.

I just want to display some data on LCD without using GUI_Init and other library functions (I have also observed that if I do not use GUI _Init function and just use LCD Driver files my code size is below 10K, but on using GUI_Init the code size increases to more than 55 K approx.), but by just using some basic routines from EmWin Library.

The reason I need this is for reducing the overall code size restricted to maximum of 10K Bytes, as I need this for developing a boot-loader application for my device.

In emWin Manual (V5.18 attached) it is mentioned that I can use customized version of emWin Library, but it does not mention HOW can this be done?If browsed through the attached manual, section 1.2 Requirements mention about the use of emWin for Small Systems (no Window Manager). I also read through section 33.3 which specifies the Hello World Program with 8.1 K of Total ROM requirement.
    It would be very kind of you to share this specific Hello World program (with required configuration files and settings) if that is readily available for download from website or can be shared as an attachment.

I am using 7 inch Touch Screen Hantronix LCD (800 X 480) with GUIDrv_Lin driver.
    Thanks and Regards
    Aditya Mittal
  • Hello Aditya,

Please note that using emWin without GUI_Init() being called at the beginning of the application will likely lead to undefined behavior.

Do you use emWin as a library or source code? Please note that a library is precompiled and therefor cuts compile-time configuration possibilities.

Best regards,
    Adrian