[SOLVED] SAM-ICE problem Bad PLL init

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SAM-ICE problem Bad PLL init

Hello!
    I'm using an Atmel SAM4E evaluation board with a SAM-ICE jtag. After a bad PLL init, jtag stop to work. I can download program but don't start debug session.
    There is some solution to unlock the jtag? Follow the error dialog.
    Thank you.
  • Hi,

If you can download the program, this indicates, that general (basic) target communication is still working fine. Therefore, you should be able to erase the chip (erase the bad PLL as well) and from then, the board should behave exactly the same as before. How did you check if flash download (program) still works?

Can you please download and install the latest J-Link software package (segger.com/jlink-software.html). After installation process is done, please start J-Link Commander (JLink.exe) while the J-Link is connected to the PC and the target is connected to the J-Link. Please send us a screenshot of the entire J-Link Commander output.

What target device do you use (ATSAM4E8C, ATSAM4E8E, ATSAM4E16C, or ...)?

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Andreia,

In fact, i can't download program from my computer...I've made a test from my co-worker machine, using Tools>Device Programming.
    So exactly the same setup (same target, application, cables, debug probe, project, same version of Atmel Studio, of the J-Link DLL...etc) and programming on your machine via Tools->Device does not work while it is working on your co-worker machine?

Can you please start J-Link Commander with the following command line arguments:
    JLink.exe -device ATSAM4E16E -if JTAG -speed 4000
    and enter following commands:
    r
    erase
    loadfile C:\Work\datafile.hex // here you have to enter the application image file you want to program / download

Now, please create & upload a screenshot of the entire output again.

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Andreia,

This confirms that programming is still working fine on your machine as well.
    I am pretty sure that there are any difference in the setup between your environment and the one running on your co-workers machine. Can you please check the Atmel Studio version and make sure to use the latest one? We know that there was a bug in the flash programming dialogue of Atmel Studio which has been fixed in the latest versions of the Studio. Furthermore, please make sure that both machines use the same J-Link DLL version. You can check what version is used by clicking the small green icon in the windows status bar while a debug session or flash download is started.

Anyhow, I do not see why you have to perform a flash download manually using the Tools>Device Programming option. In general, the application is downloaded upon debug session start automatically, if necessary (application has been changed). Can you please clarify?

Best regards
    Erik

• Thank you for the feedback! Good to hear that it is working now.

Erik