J-Link / PIC32/ Eclipse on MAC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link / PIC32/ Eclipse on MAC

Greetings all,

I am looking at getting the J-Link so I can replace MPLABX. I much prefer Eclipse and would like a PIC32 debug solution that runs on MAC. It seems like it is all there except GDB for MIPS on the MAC. Has anyone successfully used this configuration? If so did you build GDB from the code sorcery sources? I have downloaded these and am just starting to try to build just GDB since I don't need the compilers.

I know I have had some difficulties building cross GDB in the past, usually under cygwin. If I can't get it to build directly under OSX I may try a Canadian cross compile on a linux VM but I would have a lot more confidence that this is not a waste of time if someone has managed it.

Thanks for any info on this.

Woody
  • What you need is a
    • Eclipse
    • SEGGER GDB Server
    • GDB build for MIPS
    We have already tested this combination here and it worked fine.
    We used the GDB build for MIPS which is included in the Sourcery CodeBench Lite Edition. The J-Link GDB Server supports PIC32 as well. A list of all supported PIC32 devices can be found here. For Linux and OSX, you have to use the command line version of the SEGGER GDB Server as the GUI version is currently supported on Windows, only.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.