Notifications for TEXT Widget and using Icons without images over it

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Notifications for TEXT Widget and using Icons without images over it

Hello,
    I am using emWin Library version 5.18 for development. Is it possible to have notifications for Text Widget (Clicked, Released etc.) in this version without much modifications as they are supported in latest version of emWin Library (which apparently is 5.26).
    As per my requirements I want to have some widgets which are user navigable (using external hardware arrow key sort of buttons) and upon selecting that widget I can get some notifications for those. I don't want to use buttons for that purpose, and using IconView requires image along with text.
    I don't have to use images for those widgets as well.
    So in that case can I use Iconview with some individual icons but without any image over it?
  • Hello,

The TEXT widget sends messages to its parent window if it was clicked, released or if the pointer has been moved out of the TEXT area. For details please refer to the chapter "Widgets" in the emWin user manual.

The ICONVIEW widget can be used as it is described in the emWin user manual. Please also have a look at our samples which can be downloaded from www.segger.com/emwin-samples.html.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hello,
    So you mean that I will get the notification message in parent window if the TEXT Widget was clicked or released irrespective of the emWin software version that I am using? Even in version 5.18, although user manual 5.18 does not explicitly mentions it any where. Kindly confirm this.
    Regards
    Aditya Mittal