Wednesday, August 23rd 2017, 10:12am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hamedb3269

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 20th 2015

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 11:32am

multiple buffering

When the window manager automatically uses multiple buffering capabilities , what adjustments are needed?
Should I use multiple buffering functions?
Do you need to configure multiple buffering?
Do you have the ability to use multiple buffering we need to use other features such as virtual screen or memory device is?

SEGGER - Adrian

Super Moderator

Date of registration: May 26th 2009

Monday, January 26th 2015, 10:36am

Hello,

In order to make use of Multiple Buffering with the Window Manager, Multiple Buffering needs to be set up as it is described in the according chapter in the emWin user manual.

As drawing operations should be performed only from within paint events (WM_PAINT) when using the Window Manager, further Multiple Buffering related function calls should not be required. Please note that it is not possible to use Multiple Buffering and Virtual Screens together.

Best regards,
Adrian

hamedb3269

Beginner

Wednesday, January 28th 2015, 4:28pm

I am using LPC1788 microcontroller. I want to copy the contents of the back buffer to front buffer by DMA.
Is there an example in this regard?
Can you help me?

SEGGER - Adrian

Super Moderator

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 10:49am

Hello,

I am not aware of DMA example code for the LPC1788. Sorry. Maybe NXP can provide you with an example for this.

Best regards,
Adrian

hamedb3269

Beginner

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 8:00am

Which one of the following options would you recommend?
"multiple buffering" or "virtual screens"

SEGGER - Adrian

Super Moderator

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 12:06pm

Hello,

This depends on what you would require most.

If you want to use animations without flickering and tearing effects, the Multiple Buffering function would be a helpful tool for you.

If you prefer switching between 2 or more static screens, Virtual Screens should work well for you. For other Virtual Screen related use cases, please have a look at the emWin samples provided on www.segger.com.

Best regards,
Adrian