J-Link Pro on VBOX - USB problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link Pro on VBOX - USB problem

I'm using a J-Link Pro that is installed on a virtual box windows 7 64 machine.
    When I connect the USB to the VBOX windows look for the driver and failed to installed it.
    When I'm working over TCP\IP all is well.
    When I install the software on the host machine all is well also.
    How can I trace the problem?
    Thanks,
    EG
  • Hi,

You have made sure that you have installed the J-Link software package on your Windows, running in VBOX, prior to connecting the J-Link to it, right?
    Just a try (absolutely NO guarantee that it works), but when installing the software package, you will be asked which USB drivers to install:

Does it work if you only check the second selection and uncheck the first one?

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Eyal,

Then I have no idea why it is not working on your side.
    J-Link is known to be working in virtual machines also (we have customers working with VMWare, VritualBox, ...), even though this is more or less out of our control, as we do not maintain the virtualization itself.
    If you can provide the virtual machine + the VBOX version you are using, we can have a look at this here in house and check what goes wrong.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.