JLink Loadbin command is not writing the flash memory of the STR710 internal flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLink Loadbin command is not writing the flash memory of the STR710 internal flash

I am using the JLink Loadbin command to write a binary file in the internal flash of a STR710.

The JFlash program is well doing the job and the licence is correctly activated.

But when trying the loadbin command "Loadbin "MyFile.bin" 0x40000000", the action never stops (I am using JLinkARM_V392a version and was previously using the JLinkARM_V374f, but with the old version the action stopped but the write was not really done...)

Can you tell me how to use JLink.exe to flash memory with my file ?

Thanks
  • Hello BenoitPerier,

I have tested the "loadbin" command with J-Link software version V 3.92a and V3.94 and
    I can not reproduce the behaviour you reported. The "loadbin" command always returns.

>> [...] but the write was not really done
    The reason why no write was performed is that flash download was not configured.
    Direct flash download via the J-Link ARM DLL is supported in the latest J-Link software version, but requires an additional license.
    In order to download into the internal flash via the loadbin command flash download has to be enabled first, via the command strings "Device" and "EnableFlashDL".
    For more information about the command strings and how to use them, please refer to the "J-Link/J-Trace User Guide ", chapter "5.8 Command strings".

But one question: Is there a special reason why you want to download your .bin file via JLink.exe even if J-Flash is working fine?

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.