Jlink Working with ARM DS-5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jlink Working with ARM DS-5

I'm using jlink ultra.
    while connecting to jlink via ARM DS-5 , it shows "Failed to power up dap."
    is there any suggest?
    my jlink ultra firmware shows compled at Dec 3,2013,
    is there any way to update to the latest firmware?
    thank you very much.
  • Hi,

Did you follow the steps in UM08001 (J-Link User Guide) regarding getting up and running with ARM DS-5?
    Moreover, what target device (manufacturer + device name) are you using?
    Is J-Link Commander (part of the J-Link software package and accessible via start menu) able to identify and connect to the target device?

Firmware update:
    Can you provide the serial number of your J-Link ULTRA?
    Usually, the J-Link DLL will provide a firmware update, if the DLL version used comes with a later version of the firmware than the one used on the device.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hi,

Did you follow the steps in UM08001 (J-Link User Guide) regarding getting up and running with ARM DS-5?
    Moreover, what target device (manufacturer + device name) are you using?
    Is J-Link Commander (part of the J-Link software package and accessible via start menu) able to identify and connect to the target device?

Firmware update:
    Can you provide the serial number of your J-Link ULTRA?
    Usually, the J-Link DLL will provide a firmware update, if the DLL version used comes with a later version of the firmware than the one used on the device.

- Alex
    Yes, I've followed it.
    I'm using SAMA5D35 , manuf: atmel