[SOLVED] Register CYCLECOUNT has wrong value with IAR 7.30 and newer Versions of J-Link Dll.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Register CYCLECOUNT has wrong value with IAR 7.30 and newer Versions of J-Link Dll.

Hello,

I've observed the following problem:
    The Core-Register CYCLECOUNT of my EFM32GG (Cortex M3) is not correctly displayed in the IAR Workbench 7.30.
    This happens with newer versions (tested with 4.86 and 4.92) of the j-Link dll. With the older 4.70 is works as expected.
    It happens with own hardware and also with EnergyMicro/SiLabs Demoboard(DK3750)and Projects(DK3750).

I would be nice if this can be fixed in newer versions of the j-link dll.

Best Regards

Marco Scholz
  • Hi Marco,

We have checked this and indeed it seems that one recent change causes come misbehavior regarding CYCCNT when the DLL is used with IAR EWARM.
    Will be fixed in V4.94b which is the next release that will be available. Planned for this week.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.