Need help to better understand MemDev

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need help to better understand MemDev

Good day to all,
    I'm working with MCB1700 and my interface is composed by two FRAMEWINs, one is mostly static, just showing some status that are update every 2 minutes, and the other is composed by a LISTBOX, a MULTIEDIT and some BUTTONS. The LISTBOX represents a series of menus, and the MULTIEDIT represents the output of each menu option from the LISTBOX, the BUTTONS only appear with the MULTIEDIT. What i need to know is, how do i set up a MemDev to draw the transition between the LISTBOX and the MULTIEDIT, and the selection of the option of the LISTBOX.

I'm doing the transition between the LISTBOX and the MULTIEDIT with WM_HideWindow and WM_ShowWindow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by adrianopmaia ().

• Hello Adrian,

Thanks for the info, but what i really need is just a mean to stop the flickering when i execute the commands LISTBOX_SetSel, WM_HideWindow, WM_ShowWindow, MULTIEDIT_AddText and MULTIEDIT_SetText, i can't use the animations since i don't have a external memory in the MCB1700, nor in my final board, so i need a simple way to do those functions.

Best regard

Adriano Maia
  • Hello Adriano,

Flickering can be avoided by using Memory Devices or Multiple Buffering. For Multiple Buffering you would need sufficient RAM to store at least one additional frame buffer. For Memory Device usage you will just need enough RAM to buffer the window which is currently drawn by the Window Manager. In any case you can enable the Window Manager to automatically use Memory Devices, but please be aware of the fact that windows are just drawn without Memory Device in case there was not enough free memory to allocate for a Memory Device of the required size.

Please note that flickering can also be caused by windows which are invalidated too often. Maybe you want to have another look at your application. Every invalidation causes redrawing the according window.

Best regards,
    Adrian