J-Link software & documentation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link software & documentation

Hello,
    I am new to J Link. I have a J Link Pro and tried firing it up this morning to get the windows message. USB device not recognized. I went to go find some drivers and found the (J-Link software & documentation ) page but when I try to download anything I get a "Unable to download from server" message. Im from the U.S. and not sure if there is a distance issue???

Sambuchi
  • Hello,
    I cant believe my post can get 2000 views in 5 hours and I get no replies! ?(

I was able to locate the drivers that I needed with the IAR installation. They were a little buried but findable. :)

Now that Im track I would like to now leave a comment about SEGGER being a new customer. You would think paying over $500 dollars for a product you could call talk to someone rather than get the answer machine all day. Im also not sure about this forum and the support you can get from it. It looks like one person from SEGGER comes in every week to answer questions and that's it!
    I hope I don't need more help because I don't think Ill get it here. ?(

Sambuchi
  • Hello Sambuchi,

The download of the J-Link Software & Documentation package from segger.com/jlink-software.html works.
    It is mandatory to have the J-Link Software installed, since it comes with the latest drivers, the J-Link DLL and the J-Link Tools.

The 2000 views include visits from web crawlers etc. and do not reflect how many people have really read your post,
    especially not how many could have answered your question.

Please be assured that we at SEGGER try to answer questions as soon as possible and visit the forum more than once a week.
    But please also note that the forum is mainly for users of J-Links which are out of support and for users to help each other.
    If you purchase a J-Link PRO you get 2 years of support via e-mail.

You are welcome to post if you have any further questions,
    but please be patient. We try to answer every post within 24 hours.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.