Blinking an icon/widget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Blinking an icon/widget

Hi,
    Can someone tell me how to blink an icon/wiget with emwin ? :(
    I need to have 4 icons on an LCD and depending on the system status, any or all can blink.
    Thanks
    Rich

The post was edited 1 time, last by rali ().

• Hi Adrian,
    Maybe I'm not choosing the best graphics and looking for your input.
    If you were to put up 4 icons or equivalent graphics (each about 40x40), what type would you use eg image, iconview, etc
    and what functions to execute it (only looking for guidance - you are not commited to anything)
    Thanks
    Rich

The post was edited 1 time, last by rali ().

• Hello Rich,

I understand you want to achieve the blinking by changing the image. I would recommend using emWin bitmaps (c files) which can be created using the Bitmap Converter. It is up to you if you prefer using the ICONVIEW widget or not. Of course you would use the ICONVIEW API or just call the function GUI_DrawBitmap().

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hi Adrian,
    I have used the call back function for drawing but it always end up on the desktop. How do I switch between the desktop and any other window for drawings and then back to the desktop if need be ?
    Thanks
    Rich
  • Adrian,
    Below is the first part of the callback function where a bitmap converted to a c file is being displayed but end up on the desktop.
    call to display bitmap is ' DspWorldIcon(100);//this will draw bitmap icon from c file into the 'TestBuffering' window
    If the correct window is already selected by emWin before the callback is called,
    Where am I going wrong?
    Thanks
    Rich

static void _cbDialog(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) {
    const void * pData;
    WM_HWIN hItem;
    U32 FileSize;
    int NCode;
    int Id;
    // USER START (Optionally insert additional variables)
    // USER END

switch (pMsg->MsgId) {
    case WM_INIT_DIALOG:
    //
    // Initialization of 'TestBuffering'
    //
    hItem = pMsg->hWin;
    WINDOW_SetBkColor(hItem, 0x00DEDEA3);
    //
    // Initialization of 'Image'
    //
    hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_IMAGE_0);
    pData = _GetImageById(ID_IMAGE_0_IMAGE_0, &FileSize);
    IMAGE_SetBMP(hItem, pData, FileSize);
    //
    // Initialization of 'Checkbox'
    //
    hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_CHECKBOX_0);
    CHECKBOX_SetText(hItem, "myCk");
    CHECKBOX_SetTextColor(hItem, 0x006538AF);
    CHECKBOX_SetFont(hItem, GUI_FONT_16_1);
    // USER START (Optionally insert additional code for further widget initialization)
    DspWorldIcon(100);//this will draw bitmap icon from c file into the 'TestBuffering' window
    // USER END
    break;
    case WM_NOTIFY_PARENT: