Child Buttons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Child Buttons

I have created a widget using child-widgets, and the callbacks are correctly implemented. The widget consists of four buttons and an edit cox created out of standard widgets. The buttons are not focussable upon creation.

A test dialog box implements the custom widget, adding a simple text field and two additional buttons. The ExecCreatedDialogBox() is used to instantiate it. My product has no touchscreen, and therefore everything is done using SEND_KEY commands. When my custom widget completes its task, focus is passed onto the the next widget in the dialog box, which I have verified as being complete. However, it appears that one of the widget's inside my custom widget is consuming the SEND_KEY message and preventing the underlying dialog box from getting the WM_KEY message when the button is pressed (I see the message when it is released). Any ideas?
  • Thanks. This was being done, and so wasn't the problem, however. Because of schedule pressures, I ended up creating the widget brute-force, using GUI Paint routines instead as a workaround, and this appears to be working for the meantime. The new widget appropriately captures and processes the KEY messages, and since I did not need to support a touchscreen the buttons that were apparently consuming the messages were recreated as text boxes. I suppose when I add a touchscreen on a later release, I have some further work to do. I will cross that bridge when I get there...