embOS Plugin for IAR 4.40A

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOS Plugin for IAR 4.40A

I'm currently using the embOS IAR plugin version 1.00.d, and using the IAR EW version 4.40A.
    I want to check on the debugger the current used stack of the tasks. But when I check it shows that the tasks are using all the stack size.
    e.g. controlTask ------------ 1000/1000 @ 0x40000500
    buttonTask ------------ 500/500 @0x400005200

Can you help to solve this problem?, thanks.
  • Hi,
    sorry for the late reply.
    The problem is caused by the plugin version 1.00.d which came with the IAR embedded workbench and an embOS version which was built later.
    Some time ago, IAR added a stack check plugin which filled the CSTACK and IRQ_STACK with a special character.
    embOS came with its own stack check using a different character.
    Newer embOS versions now use the same character as IAR do, even though, the IAR stack check plugin should be disabled when debugging embOS.
    The embOS plugin V1.00.d which came with the IAR compiler V4.40 does not handle the modified "fill-byte" for stack check.
    Therefore, the whole stack is marked as used.
    Your embOS version should have been distributed with a newer plugin V1.00.e which recognizes both stack check characters, used by older and current embOS versions.
    Look into your original embOS distribution files and search the two files:
    "embOSPlugin.dll" and
    "embOSPlugin.ewplugin"
    These should be located in the "embOS_IAR_Plugin\embOS\" folder of your embOS distribution.
    Check the properties of the DLL, it shoud show version 1.0.5.0, which is version 1.00.e
    If you found those files and the version is correct,
    copy both files into the CPU specific folder of your IAR tool directory,
    "$EW_DIR$\ARM\plugins\rtos\embOS\
    thus replacing the old ones.
    If you don't have the plugin version 1.00.e, let us know,
    we will find a way to send the plugin to you.
    Regrads,
    Armin