J-Link CDC Baudrate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link CDC Baudrate

Hi,

i'am trying to use the UART (CDC) funtionality of my J-Link device but i don't know how to set the baudrate of the UART communication. Is there a switch i missed in the J-Link Commander?

Best regards,
    Simon
  • Hi Simon,

The idea of having a CDC / VCOM device is that you can use *any* terminal application to get the UART data...
    *Every* terminal application allows to setup the baudrate.
    Please note that for J-Link V9 only baudrates of <= 100 kHz are supported.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

i've tried CDC with my J-Link V9 and a terminal applicaton but i can't send any data. I've attached a logic analyzer to the Tx-Pin but i can't see any changes while sending data. Are there any other "switches" beside "vcom enable" to use CDC? It is necessary that other pins of the connector are connected or something like that?

Best regards,
    Simon
  • Hi Simon,

Are you using the latest software version?
    V4.92 came with some improvements in the firmware, regarding VCOM.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.