Flashing Binaries Fails on Analog Devices ADUCM320

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flashing Binaries Fails on Analog Devices ADUCM320

Hi,

Using version 4.86B of the software and firmware I tried to flash two binaries--an FPGA configuration and the firmware. It failed with an error related to block verification. This is a new chip from Analog Devices and the device is recognized but the loader seems incompatible with the released silicon in some way (perhaps the unreleased silicon as well I'm not sure). I tried to upgrade to 4.88A thinking that it had been improved but the upgrade bricked my JLink so I don't have the specific error messages.

Thanks,

Kenny

Source Code

1. exec device = aducm320
    2. rsettype 7
    3. halt
    4. r
    5. erase
    6. loadbin ..\Firmware\Output\Flash\Skywalker.bin 0x00000000
    7. loadbin Configuration.bin 0x00020000
    8. halt
    9. r
    10. go
    11. q
    Display All
  • Hi Kenny,

Bricked J-Link: Has already been solved with SEGGER support.

ADuCM320: We will check tomorrow. We are not aware of any problems with this device, regarding flash programming.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I received my replacement JLink+ and installed V4.88B software. The firmware upgrade was successful.

I have been experimenting for a couple of hours now and I can't find a consistent way to successfully flash this part with JLink. Twice I was able to erase the chip, issue a hardware reset (reset button), and use the attached scripts with no errors. That's out of 20 or so attempts.

Edit: The flash loader from ADI seems to work repeatably with IAR but this is not a solution to my problem.

There is a concrete reason I need to get this going. When our boards come back in a couple of weeks we'll be bringing up code that configures a Lattice FPGA and communicates with it over SPI. I need to be able to flash the firmware and FPGA configuration binary easily. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to understand and debug this rather than develop my application so some attention to this will be very much appreciated.

I get errors like the following but the blocks are not always the same:

Source Code

1. Downloading file [No.Retain.bin]...
    2. ****** Error: Programming failed @ address 0x00005000 (block verification error)

Using the attached files the steps are:
    • jlink Erase.script
    • Press reset
    • jlink No.Retain.script

There is also a script called Retain.script. These download the same code but one disables the pin configuration retention feature. It doesn't seem to matter.

Hardware is an ADI evaluation board for the ADUCM320.
    Files
    • FPGA.zip

(41.8 kB, downloaded 482 times, last: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kenny ().

• As mentioned over email, there is an issue with the function that does page erases which is what the Jlink erase command uses.
    For now I recommend that you do an Erase memory from IAR as that issues a mass erase on the silicon. and then you should be able to programm the part correctly using jlink.
    Hopefully this will be fixed soon in a new version of the jlink software.
    You have my apologies for the time you wasted.
    Regards,
    Alex
  • Hi,

Status update:
    I think we have found the problem.
    Fixed version comes later this week.

- Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

Sorry for the delay.
    V4.90 which fixes the problem, has just been released:
    segger.com/jlink-software.html

- Alex