j-link defect?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• j-link defect?

Hi,
    after quite a time of happy debugging with my (original, not manipulated) j-link Version 8, it suddenly and quietly stopped working. After shutting down my windows 8.1 based machine one evening, it delivers the message "USB-Device not recognized" after switching it on again the next morning. Also plugging the j-link into several other PCs with windows 7 does show the same error-message.The led stays off all the time, it does not even flash or show any other lifesign. There was nothing special I've done. No firmware-update, no software-update. I hope that due the fact, that there is even some (error-)message, the device is not completely broken, or am i wrong?

An update to JLink-V488b did not help.

Any ideas?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MaSt ().

• Hi,

Possible reasons:
    - Overcurrent on USB side damaged J-Link
    - Overcurrent from target side damaged J-Link components
    - GND loops on target side damaged J-Link components

Please note that J-Link V8 are out of support, so we cannot provide support at this point.
    We recommend, to make use of the J-Link trade-in program: segger.com/trade-in-program.html

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.