Merge two different XBF file failed in FontCvt 5.20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Merge two different XBF file failed in FontCvt 5.20

Hi,

I tried to merge two different XBF files, but seems the contents in the merged one(open one XBF in advance and then merge another) have been turned into mess.
    Anyone also met the same issue?

Thanks!

Zhiying
  • Hi Adrian,

I don't think it's a demo version, since I see no "demo" words in the About window of FontCvt.

The two XBF files I used for test were generated from the same Font file, with the same style and same size, the difference between them is that they have different range of characters enabled.

I did this to check if I can enable/disable a scattered range of characters by using batch script.
    I'm doing a chinese localization work recently but almost 90% of chinese characters in a fontfile are useless
    And the daily useful ones are distributed across a wide range, it is time consuming to pick them out manually...

Hope I made myself clear. And if you've got a better solution for the localization work, please kindly let me know.

Thank you!

Zhiying
  • Hello Zhiying,

Could you please provide me with your font files, so I can reproduce this behavior? I would require the Windows font file, the XBF files and c font files containing exactly the same characters which are included in the XBF files. Thank you in advance.

If those files are confidential, please feel free to send them via e-mail to support@segger.com.

Best regards,
    Adrian