[SOLVED] RAm check failure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RAm check failure

I'm using a FLASHER ARM to program boards containing STM32F100RB targets (1 controller per board) interfacing through a 9 pin Cortex-M adapter then a ribbon cable. The boards being programmed were already programmed and are being loaded with updated firmware. After programming 16 boards with no problem the following failure message began appearing. The ribbon cable has been replaced with no effect. The computer has been restarted and even cold booted with no effect. This programmer is only a couple of months old and the Cortex-M adapter has been installed since it was new, so there has not been any wear on those connectors. The bewildering part of this problem is that the message states that the programmer "connected successfully" presumably with the target. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you
    Programming and verifying target (131072 bytes, 1 range)...
    - Connecting...
    -Connected successfully
    -ERROR: RAM check failed @ address 0x20000000.
    -ERROR: Write 0x03020100 07060504
    -ERROR: Read 0x00000000 00000000
    -ERROR: (0 bytes of RAM have been checked successfully)
    -ERROR: Failed to program and verify target
    Disconnecting...
    -Disconnected
  • Info for all:

We have been contacted by Rich via regular support in parallel.
    Current status:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your inquiry.
    In the J-Flash logfile I see that even initial connection to the device fails.

I also see:
    "RESET (pin 15) high, but should be low. Please check target hardware."
    when J-Flash is performing a reset.

With the software package J-Flash comes with, there is also a small command line utility called "J-Link Commander".
    This utility also works for Flasher ARM.
    Could you please give this one a try and send the output you get?

Moreover, could you please check the 9-pin Adapter for possible damage?
    We have already seen similar behavior on customer's side in case the Adapter itself was damaged (do not ask me how they managed to break the adapter, but it seems they did)
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for clarifying.
    Good to hear that it is working now.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.