J-Link: when reading ETB buffer a firmware update is suggested, but firmware is up to date

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link: when reading ETB buffer a firmware update is suggested, but firmware is up to date

I'm using a J-Link under IAR EWARM to read trace data from the ETB of a NXP LPC4330. The J-Link driver suggests a firmware update to speed up the trace download but J-Link configurator says that the firmware is up to date.
  • Hi,

Can you please post the serial number of your J-Link?
    My guess: The J-Link you are using is an old one for which no firmware update with such an improvement is available.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Alex, thanks for your help.

It seems like you are right. I've tested with another j-link plus we bought last month and the ETB download is way faster.
    Is this because it is newer (609300411) or because its a PLUS?

Is there way to update our old ones (158009579 and 58010952)?
  • Hi,

Is this because it is newer (609300411) or because its a PLUS?

Because its newer (V9 hardware).

Is there way to update our old ones (158009579 and 58010952)?

Yes, by making use of the trade-in program: segger.com/trade-in-program.html

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.