Using JLink on ARM Linux devices.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using JLink on ARM Linux devices.

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a Wonder Gecko board with Jlink connected to Udoo Quad board(running Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 ).
    I'm not able to run the 'executables' provided in the Jlink package(ARM version) , I keep getting
    "bash: JLinkExe: command not found" for all the executables

If i readelf the file it asks for "[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0]"
    JLinkExe_dump.txt

The same issue occurs with raspberry pi !

I'm wondering if anyone has tested the JLink package on any ARM platform or am i missing something ?
  • Hi,

We are currently looking into the ARM version because this was initially only created for
    some specific customers for specific target platform and was never designed for the big-in-field usage.
    And as usual for Linux: There are always some differences between the distributions...
    There will be probably another build for the ARM platforms in the future, which is more designed for generic ARM platform running.
    But currently, there has not been assigned priority to this, as there are a lot of open projects with higher priority that need to be handled first.
    There probably will be a new version within the next 2-4 weeks, but I cannot promise anything right now, as it depends on the workload on the other projects.

Anyhow, we will keep you posted.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • JLink software on Raspberry PI

Hi Alex,

+1 vote/request for the Raspberry PI compatible binaries! It would be ideal for remote debugging from anywhere with internet access.

Thanks,
    T.

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hi,

We are currently looking into the ARM version because this was initially only created for
    some specific customers for specific target platform and was never designed for the big-in-field usage.
    And as usual for Linux: There are always some differences between the distributions...
    There will be probably another build for the ARM platforms in the future, which is more designed for generic ARM platform running.
    But currently, there has not been assigned priority to this, as there are a lot of open projects with higher priority that need to be handled first.
    There probably will be a new version within the next 2-4 weeks, but I cannot promise anything right now, as it depends on the workload on the other projects.

- Alex
  • RE: JLink software on Raspberry PI

Hi Alex,

Do you have any update on this?
    I don't see the point of making a binary publicly available if no information is disclosed about the platform it was built for. Could you be more specific about the platform: "this was initially only created for some specific customers for specific target platform"?

Cheers,
    Tamas
  • I have the same problem here trying to run JLinkExe on Beaglebone Black (32 bit ARM).

-bash: /opt/SEGGER/JLink/JLinkExe: No such file or directory

Happy to help/test if I can.

From what we've found, it seems the ARM executable provided is compiled for a software based floating point system whereas BBB and Pi are hardware based.

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hi,

- Alex

The post was edited 1 time, last by tjordan ().

• Hi tjordan,

If Jlink drivers are that Windows compatiable, Is it possible to run the JLINK drivers in WinCE on BBB ?
    I saw that there is a WinCE binary available for evaluation on BBB , Is that a possiblity ?( ?

I badly need a small SBC to connect to EFM32 device to remotely debug it.
  • Hello,

we are also trying to use an ARM based device as a proxy for flash and serial console operations in our development process.
    Sadly I couldn't put together the specific (exotic?) dependencies that are required for your current build of the binary for the ARM platform.

SEGGER - Alex wrote:

[..]

- Alex
    Obviously publishing the source would be the easiest way for everyone: I would just use the package manager of my distribution and everything would be clean, tidy and welcoming.

But if you insist on not publishing the source then I would highly recommend to distribute a statically linked binary. This should run on all systems of that platform.
    This would be a very helpful (and probably very simple) step forward for all of us.
    Thank you in advance!

lars