OS crash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am getting a message that my OS task ends unexpectedly. I'm looking for some insight as to what typically causes these types of errors. I have looked at the stack to see if have consumed more RAM than allocated, EWARM does not indicate a problem there. I have tried commenting out the tasks I have created, and it still crashes. I have also tried commenting out all the startup code, but

OS_IncDI(); /* Initially disable interrupts */
    OS_InitKern(); /* Initialize OS */
    OS_InitHW(); /* Initialize Hardware for OS */

OS_Start();
    and the crash still happends. My project has been running for quite a while, and its an intermittent failure not a hard failure. Any insight would be appreciated.

Digging in a little deeper, it seems like the task crash happens when I execute the code OS_SwitchFromInt. If I set a breakpoint on that line, the processor halts. If I set a breakpoint on the following line, the task crashes. all this code is in OS_StartASM...

The post was edited 1 time, last by robiwan ().

• Hello Harsh,

although your company is out of support for several yeasrs please contact the embOS support directly per email if you think this problem is caused by embOS.
    I will send you a private message with the support email address (which can be also found in the embOS manual)

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.