[SOLVED] How to make Eclipse + IAR EW (for ARM) to work with J-Link?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to make Eclipse + IAR EW (for ARM) to work with J-Link?

I have eclipse Kepler installed plus the plugins from IAR to work with IAR EWARM (latest version, 7.10).
    Everything was fine until the point I wanted to download or debug into the target board.... I don't get what I'm missing.
    I managed to get the GDB SEGGER J-link Debugging tab when I click on the 'debug configurations' option.
    I tried both start debugging with the JLinkGDBServer running (it connects to the JLink and target board) and without being running, by clicking on the 'Start the GDB server locally' but an error pops up:

Error launching command: -- version.

I think I'm missing the file name in the 'Executable' box under 'GDB Client Setup' that is blank because I could not find what file should I put here.
    Any pointers are welcome!

I found it. One way is to install a tool like Yagarto and use its debugger. I wanted to keep it free of other tool chains for compatibility with other IAR generated code, but using a GNU debugger does not affect the code, I guess.

The post was edited 2 times, last by jcdbmhd ().