Monday, May 21st 2018, 9:03am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

leblebitozu

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 29th 2007

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 2:14pm

What is the difference between J-LINK comes with IAR developer kits and Segger's one ?

Hi,

I wanna buy J-LINK hardware but I'm little bit confused, what is the difference J-LINK from IAR and from SEGGER, Am I still use it with RDI interface ? some limitation ? And what is the J-LINK hardware version for comes with IAR dev kits ?

Thank you.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "leblebitozu" (Nov 29th 2007, 11:00pm)

Paul

Beginner

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 2:29pm

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge there is no technical difference between the IAR and the Segger J-Link.

Segger develops the stuff and IAR is one of their OEMs.

In order to use the Flashbreakpoint feature you will need a license key from Segger anyhow. Just send

them an email with your company details and the serial number of your J-Link and they send you a 30 days eval license key.

This is how is worked for me. The same applies for J-Flash.

Paul

davidpiper

Beginner

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 5:37pm

Not so. The yellow IAR JLINK-KS has 5V supply down pin 19 for powering the kickstart kit boards. Black IAR JLINK and Segger's one have the standard ARM 20pin header with pin 19 NC. This is a firmware difference.