Problems with LPC2888 and J-Link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems with LPC2888 and J-Link

Hello,

I am using a J-Link to debug my application. The target uC is an NXP LPC2888.
    This setup worked without any problems for a long time but now I am no longer able to connect
    to the uC. I am just wondering what happened because I did not changed my setup.

After some research I tried to connect to the uC via J-Link but same result.
    Please find attached a screenshot of the output:

Can someone help me with this issue?
    Images
    • LPC2888.gif

16.28 kB, 677×342, viewed 675 times
  • Hi Andrew,

Is it possible that you changed something in your application that now inhibits J-Link from connecting to the core?
    Possible mistakes:
    - Incorrect PLL init (speed too high) which causes the CPU to crash and becoming unresponsive
    - JTAG pins are accidentally re-configured for GPIO usage

Fortunately, for the NXP LPC series devices there is a relatively easy solution:

The GPIOs referred here may differ for other NXP targets.

Make sure that the following pins have the following states when powerin-up the target:
    P2.3 == LOW
    P2.2 == HIGH

This will cause the LPC2888 to boot from external memory bank 0 instead of the internal flash,
    so the "bad" application does not run.

Now start J-Flash (SEGGER production programming software)
    and generate a J-Flash project from the remplate project for the LPC2888.
    Now select Target -> Erase chip

From now on, you should be able to connect to the target again.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alex,

I think you assumption was correct! It seems so, that indeed my programmed application was the problem.

After following your instruction, I was able to erase the programmed application via J-Flash.
    From this point I was able to connect to the target again (as you can see in the screenshot attached) :)

Thank you very much for your help.

Andrew
    Images
    • LPC2888_OK.gif

13.01 kB, 677×342, viewed 613 times