JLINK ARM v3.90 API error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLINK ARM v3.90 API error

hi

Hi,

I was using JLINK RDI 3.84 with IAR 5.20 and didn't encounter this new error. After upgrading to JLINK RDI 3.90 I am getting this new error.

Message box popup (on flashing - NXP 2368) heading -- JLINK ARM v3.90 API error
    message box content -- UTIL_CopyAPIStruct: Illegal size of struct

If some one has encountered this error or might know a solution, I would appreciate hearing about it.

regards,
    Yogesh
  • Yogesh,

we have added additional checks in the latest software which probably cause this error message to show up.
    We would like to investigate this;
    Could you send an email to support@segger.com with info (ideally a project) that allows us to reproduce
    and investigate this ?

Thanks,
    Rolf
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Here is a project that I had modified from the sample from IAR --- ARM\NXP\LPC23xx\IAR-LPC-2378-SK\simple\timer

You can use this with an ARM evaluation board - Kiel LPC 2360 based eval (MCB 2360UME). Please note: attachment is a zip file (you can rename it to timer_zip.zip and open with unzip).

Let me know, if you need anything else.

thanks for your help.

-Yogesh
    Timer_zip.jpg
  • Hello yogesh,

the problem is fixed in the latest J-Link software version (V3.90c).
    Can you please download the new version and confirm that it solves the problem?

The latest software version can alway be downloaded from our website:
    segger.com/download_jlink.html

Best regards,

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.