embOS ARM/GNU on AT91SAM9263

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOS ARM/GNU on AT91SAM9263

Hello,

embOS Version 3.60 ships with libraries labeled "A4" and "A5". I guess that these refer to the different CPU-Core architectures - namely ARMv4 and ARMv5.
    As the SAM9263 is based on the ARMv5 core, I am trying to use the appropriate embOS version.
    However, trying to link with the A5 variant using the latest Yagarto-toolchain fails with the following messages:

c:/programme/yagarto/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.2.2/../../../../arm-elf/lib\libc.a(lib_a-div.o) uses FPA instructions, whereas <app> does not

From this the following questions arise:
    1. Is it necessary to link with A5 for the SAM9263, or will the A4 version work as well ?
    2. Which compiler-switches were used to build the embOS libraries A4 and A5 ?

Besides, my software _seems_ to run on the SAM9263 using the A4 version. Though it does not run stable: it _seems_ that switching tasks _sometimes_ lead to garbled register contents ...

Regard,
    Karsten Laux
  • Hello Karsten,

sorry for the delay.

1. Is it necessary to link with A5 for the SAM9263, or will the A4 version work as well ?
    The A4 libraries will work withthe SAM9263, you can use A5 as well A4 libraries.

2. Which compiler-switches were used to build the embOS libraries A4 and A5 ?
    We used the compiler setting for
    A4: -mcpu=arm7tdmi
    A5: -mcpu=arm9e
    and for both: -mlittle-endian or -mbig-endian and -c -mapcs-frame -Os

I will test Yagarto-toolchain with SAM9263 and keep you posted.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.