Warning message when trying to program flash on Freescale K60

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warning message when trying to program flash on Freescale K60

I want to write a binary block of data to internal flash on a Freescale K60. The block should go at 0x30000, leaving room for the firmware between 0 and 2ffff. JFlash knows the chip and things look good until I try "Auto". Then it gives a warning message that "erasing sector 0 may read-protect the entire flash chip". What's going on here ?
    George
  • Hi,

Does this mean that we can consider this case as "solved" / "closed"?

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • In fact I am still seeing this message but it is apparent that there is no problem to click OK and let it erase the affected sectors. The affected sectors do not include sector 0. So no need for further support and the case can be closed.
  • Hi,

We will leave it open, until we removed this misleading error message.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.