Configuration of the JTAG chain in JLinkSTR91x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Configuration of the JTAG chain in JLinkSTR91x

Hi All,

I have a question about the J-link STR9 commander.

Is there a possibility to configure the JTAG chain in JLinkSTR91x.exe?
    When calling JLinkSTR91x I get the message “Too few devices on JTAG chain. Expected 3, found 0.”.

I’m sure that our hardware and the connection to the Flasher are ok because JFlash and
    JLink can connect and recognize the STR912.

JLink does not recognize the STR912 automatically but with “config 24, 2“ it works fine.
    JFlash also works fine after defining the JTAG chain configuration.

In order to erase and configure the STR912 we have to use JLinkSTR91x.exe
    (JFlash by itself can do the flash programming only), but it does not recognize
    the chain and I can not enter the “IRPre = 16, DRPre = 1”.

There are 6 devices in our chain, 2 devices on the TDI side (IRlen 5 + 6) and 1 device on the TDO side (IRlen 16) of the STR912 (IRlen 5 + 4 + 8) . Total IRlenth = 44.
    We’re using Flasher ARM S/N 164000825, JFlash and SDK. We are also using JLinkSTR91x Compiled Dec 5, 2013, 20:27:36.

Is there a work around? Is it possible to configure JLinkSTR91x with a script file or with command line?

Thanks
    Philipp
  • Hi all,

The problem is solved :)

The STR91 utility V4.82 has been extended so that a user specific scan-chain can be
    configured via command-line parameters.
    The new command-line parameters are:
    "-DRPre", "-DRPost", "-IRPre" and "-IRPost"
    In a batch file eg. JLinkSTR91x.exe -DRPre 1 -DRPost 4 -IRPre 16 -IRPost 20 myscriptfile.txt

Best regards,
    Philipp
  • Hi Philipp,

Good to here that the new version solves the issue.
    Thread is closed.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.